Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jenna's a big girl now...

Beginning in April, for some reason Jenna started crying when we would put her to bed. She used to just lay in bed and fall asleep on her own. I think that it was a combination of 2 things: 1. I rock Bella to sleep and Jenna really wanted to do the same.
2. She was totally over the whole being in a crib thing and wanted to grow up!

Jenna attends a nursery school 2 days a week. Her teacher told me that when it's nap time that Jenna walks over to get her blanket and lays on her mat and falls asleep with no problems! So I know that she's totally capable of moving up to a toddler bed without problems.

So I posted a status on facebook asking fellow Moms advice on how to switch her. I received some great advice and decided that she was ready. So that night I pulled her mattress out of her crib and laid it on the ground next to her bed. She slept there all night just fine! Whew! I was so happy! So the next day while she was at school, I took Bella and we went to Babies R' Us to purchase a toddler bed.

We went from there to pick Jenna up from school and then home to put this tiny piece of ridiculously hard furniture together! I like to consider myself a pro at putting furniture together, but this little bed was ridiculous. Partly because I thought I knew what I was doing and put the whole thing together wrong and had to take the whole thing apart and put it back together. But once it was done it was beautiful! My Aunt Cynthia made both of my girls beautiful quilts and they are the perfect size for a toddler bed.

Jenna is officially a big girl! She has slept in her bed every night with no problems and as far as I know she hasn't fallen out either! During her daily naps, when she's done, she comes and knocks on the door so I'll hear her and let her out!

I am so proud of my little love. She is growing up so quick and flying through all the new little stages of her life so quick. What a blessing she is to us!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, the quilt looks so cute on her bed! I'll make sure Mom sees this!

    ReplyDelete